2016 - Ongoing Ph.D. Scholar Domestic violence against women in Nepal: Law and Pr
2010 LL.M. - Nepal Law Campus, Kathmandu.
2007 Master’s Degree in Political Science from T.U
1997 Bachelor Degree in Law T.U, Nepal,
1993 Certificate Level in Law T.U Nepal,
1990 School Leaving Certificate (S.L.C.) HMG Nepal.
2074 – Going on Lecturer, Nepal Law Campus
2058 – Going on Advocate – Special dealing with family matter cases and criminal cases
2052 - Going Trainer –legal issues and Gender based violence, Women's right issue
General Member: Nepal Bar Association, District Bar Court Unit, KTM.
Life Member: Nepal Red crosses Society
Life Member: Netra Joyiti Sang
Summary of Competencies
As a TRAINER
1 Orientation of Governance, Federalism and Constitution of Nepal for Women leaders , Makwampur , Hetuda on March 11-12 , 2019 for two days organized by NDI
2 Support to women wings: Orientation of Governance, Federalism and Constitution of Nepal for
3 Women leaders, at Birjung on May 9-10, 2019
4 Support to women wings: Orientation of Governance, Federalism and Constitution of Nepal for Women leaders, at Biratnagar on May 12-13, 2019
5 Support to women wings: Orientation of Governance, Federalism and Constitution of Nepal for Women leaders, at Dhankuta on May 31-June 1, 2019
6. Roles and responsibilities of locally and provincial elected women as per the constitution and locally Governance Act and introduction of penal and civil code , During the support to women wings : orientation on federalism governance and constitution of Nepal for women leaders Surkhet on June 16-17 , 2019 , organized by NDI
As a CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Organized Training of Trainers (TOT) paralegal program on the Subject of Marriage and Family Relation. Jointly organized by UNICEF and FWLD, 2011.
Organized one day program on the subject of Polygamy and Its impact of society organized by Access to justice and FWLD, 2012
Capacity Training for New lawyers on the topic of Legal Aid and Its Practice in Nepal, organized by Nepal Bar Association and UNDP A2J Project.
Trainer on Gender Discriminatory Practices in Nepal organized by DEMO Finland Katmandu, 29-30 December 2010.
Workshop on Human Rights and Gender Justice, October 1-3rd 2010.
Trainer on “Training of Trainers (TOT) paralegal program” on the subject of Marriage and Family Relation and Rape, Right to Identity Jointly organized by UNICEF and Women Development Department, 2010.
Trainer on Women’s rights and gender justice in Nepal's national legislation (Nepal's Gender Equality Act 2063, Gender sensitive assessment of Nepal's legislation Status of Women's rights in Nepal, Remaining discriminatory laws Organized by DEMO Finland, Katmandu, 16th December, 2009.
Trainer on “Training of Trainers (TOT) paralegal program” on the subject of property right, CEDAW Convention and Women Right, Social and cultural Violence against women and Children, UN Resolution 1325 etc Jointly organized by UNICEF and FWLD, 2004-2009.
Trainer in the program on Advocacy on women's legal rights conducted by Center for Micro Finance.
Worked as a trainer of women’s legal rights in Woman Welfare Association and MS Nepal Partnership in women employment program in Palpa, 2000.
As a EMPLOY
1. July 2012- 2013 Executive Director, Access to Justice Project, Nepal Bar Association, Kathmandu Nepal Responsible for overall management project activities in delivering Justice; Legal Aid services; Coordination and Partnership with other organizations; Documenting existing judicial practices; Design new programs and projects as per need; Approve reports, documents and case stories; Supervise 8 staffs and monitor their activities; and Conduct regular monitoring visit to districts Bar units. Provide Training on Gender Justice, Gender issues, Leadership skill, Human right and legal rights
2. Nov 2010- Jun 2012 Women Officer, Access to Justice, Nepal Bar Association, Kathmandu Nepal Provide legal Counseling and represent to the court to the indigent people especially for women; Support legal Aid activities, prepare annual plan of action; prepare legal documents; Administration, supervision and monitoring of all activities of women wing; prepare progress report; and organize various conferences, seminars and capacity building trainings. Provide Training on Gender Justice, Gender issues, Leadership skill, Human right and legal rights
3. Jan 2003- Jan 2007 Human Rights Lawyer, Forum for Women, Law and Development, Kathmandu, Nepal Provide legal services to citizenship related cases; Legal Counseling and services; Paralegal Programme Coordination, Report writing, Legal Research, other project coordination, Communication and liaison with the donors; Coordinate workshop, conference and trainings relating to CEDAW, Human Rights, Citizenship, and other Human Rights Instruments for various stakeholders including Constituent Assembly Members, Judges, Lawyers and paralegals; Coordinated workshop, consultation, conference, training at central, district and local level under the specific project; and Para Legal Training.
4. Jan 1999 – July 2001 Teaching Assistant, Tribhuwan Campus, Palpa, Nepal Conduct classes on Criminology, Human rights, and Hindu legal system; supervise students in preparing articles and analysis
As a PROGRAM EXPERT Monitoring and Evaluation –Social Welfare Council
Strengthening Advocacy to Prevent Internal Trafficking –SAPIT) Project 2018 to 2019, AATWIN
Mid Term Evaluation Public Defender of Nepal – Providing Quality Criminal defense service to needy People , Project 1, Jan, 2015- to 31th Dec ,2020
Mid Term Evaluation Empowering Women for Peace: Towards Implementation of the National Action Plane on UNSCR 1325 and 1820, May 2017 , Centro Cooperazione Sviluppo onlus –(CCS italy)
Pro-Public , supported by Robert Bosch,Stiftung, Germany , 23 June 2019
As a team leader my TOR is Coordinate and lead the team, Prepare suitable strategy for the team, allocated the responsibilities for the team member, gather and analysis all relevant information Adop the appropriate evaluation Methodology for fulfilling the evaluation objectives and write a comprehensive evaluation and present the report to SWC.
Legal research on
Human rights and Gender Justice
Project formulation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
Ability to develop, lead and coordinate interdisciplinary teams for project execution
Organizing training, workshop and seminars at local, national and regional level
Coordination and linkage with Donors and Partners of the multi partnership projects
Nepali English Hindi
Mother Tongue Very good Good
Research and Publications
Reporting and Co-ordination of 5 Days Training for District Hon'able Judges on the Topic of Women's Legal Right, 2009 organized by Women development Depart,(Government of Nepal) , Lalitpur.
Citizenship: Issues of women's identity, Women Rights Journal, part 1 Published by Democratic lawyer Association. 2071
Polygamy and Its impact on Society , Kannon ,Monthly, Nepal Bar ,journal 2070
Transitional Justice and Women, NYAADOOT Bimonthly, Nepal Bar Journal Vol 197, No 4,year 2068
Safe migration and Challenges for Women, NYAADOOT Bimonthly, Nepal Bar Journal,2069.
An analysis of election manifestoes of major political parties: The Gender Perspective. Nepal Law Journal, year 35, Vol 22, No. 1 & 2, 2010, Nepal Law Campus, Kathmandu
Academic Book Publication
International Training Received: Training, Seminar, Workshop
2015 Training for Trainers in Active citizenship and non- formal education as a part of youth work SLOVENIA, 18-29, 2015 January organized by Erasmus , Demo Finland & MAMA
Asian Regional Advanced Learning Program On Human Rights., organized by the Institute of Human Rights and Peace Studies ,Mahidol University and the Asian Institute For Human Rights,21-29th September 2015.
AMERICA ON LINE TRAINING, ONE YEAR
The VVLEAD Fellow ship Program, organized by vital voice
Seminar of international law system and international Policies Making for Nepal in 2018 sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce and organized by Zhejiang Normal University form june 27th to july 17th , 2018 in Jinhua, the people of Republic of China
National Training Received
2010 Court Referred Mediation Knowledge and Skills, organized by Supreme Court & UNDP, 9-14 January 2010
2006 South Asia Training of Trainers (TOT) on CEDAW, 25-29 Sept, 2006 organized by PLD and UNIFEM
2006 Training on CEDAW Convention and its Optional Protocol organized by FWLD from 23- 27 Feb, 2006
2005 Training on CEDAW (16-20th August 2005), organized by Forum for Women, Law and Development (FWLD).
2005 Training on Fact Finding Skills 1-4-october ,2005 organized by Human Rights Treaty monitoring Coordination Committee (HRTMCC) Kathmandu
2000 Training on Concept on Gender and Development organized by Stri Shakti
1999 Parliamentary Procedure Training in 1999 organized by Nepal Jaycees.
1996 Legal Practice Training in 1996 organized by Service for Unprivileged Section of Society (SUSS).
1996 Training program on Human Rights for Women, organized by Amnesty International, Nepal.
1996 "Beyond Law Training" 8 – 12 April, 1996, organized by Asia Pacific Forum for Women, Law and Development.
Best Commitment Award 2006, Forum for Women, Law and Development
Computer Skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint